Locked 11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Changelog

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Working on a new server modpack, another Fun Paradise being prepared. Focusing on GregTech and Tech in general with a touch of Magic. I am trying to keep the pack challenging with slow progression without becoming all too grindy. My initial idea of what the pack should become:
  • GregTech settings on hard, includes IndustrialCraft2, sweet! (no charcoal smelting)
  • LogisticsPIpes of course, still my fav and nice addition to BuildCraft ;-)
  • Might as well add Forestry, but no extra beeeees. Just for some automated farming and extras.
  • RailCraft fits in well for transport and well balanced. Oh and tanks of course :)
  • Computers for coding fun, but trying OpenComputers instead of ComputerCraft because ... because!
  • Not sure what mod to use for redstone logic yet. Have MFR for the Rednet for now, but dont want to use anything else from MFR. Needs to be compatible with OpenComputers/OpenComponents. Maybe RedLogic or Project Red, not sure ... buggy?
  • Some Barrels, Jabba.
  • No cheap ender teleportation stuff like Enderchests/tanks.
  • Some Magic without adding lots of resources or making things too easy, trying BloodMagic.
  • To add to magic, Dimensional Doors allows for cool pocket dimensions without really adding much else to the game, woot!
  • Food needs to be nerved (Hunger Overaul).
  • Mobs should be harder, without becoming a constant fight (Zombie Awareness).
  • Some nicely done biomes of course (Extra Bimes XL / Biomes 'O Plenty).
  • Some realism to make it harder (Enviromine).
  • EnderDragon too easy! (Hardcore Enderd Expansion).
  • Underground Biomes, to reduce cobble and add more variety, have to check.
  • Last but not least, something cool but needs to become really late game if possible. Let's add GalactiCraft and see if I can balance it to become end-tier/late-game.
This is the pack so far and to be honest, I want to keep it small as it is. Busy testing the pack for a while already and its definitely interesting to play to say the least. Hope to be updating to 1.7.2 soon for another new Fun Paradise. If you are interested to join, feel free to contact me, but getting white-listed won't be easy. I only want dedicated players with knowledge of the mods. There will be applications.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fun Paradise IV - Hardmode with a touch of Pixy Dust

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
The modpack is ready for now and we will start actually playing really soon, because I want to stream it on Twitch or Hitbox. Did some testing on some of the new mods being added and sadly enough had to take out Extra Biomes XL and Enviromine. Extra Biomes XL caused way too much lag with the tall fir and redwood trees, as well as big fps drop on any of the biomes so taking out just 4-5 biomes was no option either. Enviromine had to be taken out because it was too buggy and causing huge CPU load on the server. A shame though, because it has a lot of potential, even though it needs a lot of tweaking, so I will keep that mod in mind and try again once we move to 1.7.2. I did however add just a few mods.
  • Additional Buildcraft Objects
  • Advanced Solar Panels
  • IC2 Nuclear Control
  • Compact Windmills
So now it's time to really start playing in a fresh new world. We will still pay attention to possible bugs and tweaks needed for future update to 1.7.2. This world will most likely not live too long. I am expecting mods to be updated in a few months at max. It will be fun while it lasts ...
Reply | Threaded
|

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
In reply to this post by Devilin Pixy
Summary of all the mods:

- Compact WindMills
- Blood Magic
- Buildcraft
- Buildcraft Additional Buildcraft Objects
- Dimensional Doors
- Forestry
- Galacticraft
- GregTech
- Hardcore Ender Expansion
- Hunger Overhaul
- IC2 Nuclear Control
- IndustrialCraft 2
- Jabba
- Logistics Pipes
- MineFactory Reloaded (GT hardmode)
- Advanced Solar Panels
- NEI
- OpenComputers
- OpenComponents
- Railcraft
- Underground Biomes
- Zombie Awareness
Reply | Threaded
|

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
I am sad, because I had to take out Hunger Overhaul. A mod was causing excessive CPU load on the server (100% very often on a 16GB burst capacity dedicated server). After testing and taking out a few mods, we found out it was actually Hunger Overhaul causing the problem. Such a great mod and addition to the modpack, sigh. It really worked out so well making things harder and did exactly what I wanted it to do. Now I have to look for an alternative or wait and see if this gets fixed to hopefully re-add this mod. CPU load is now at normal levels again (reduced with about 50%). Back to easy food and farming again . I did post my issues on the forum and also read about incompatibility issues with Forestry farms, which we haven't even got to test. If this is the case that would be another reason to not add this great mod. Same could be the case with MFR of course, but not tested either. Lets hope the future looks bright and we can re-add Hunger Overhaul in 1.7.2.
Reply | Threaded
|

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
Re-added Hunger Overhaul again! Woot! After some tweaking the server it should run fine without noticable lag issues, although its still kinda CPU heavy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
Had to change to a newer build of Galacticraft solving a lot of issues and reducing server load. The build I am using now is #1044 which I got directly from the Jenkins.

Somehow I have not been able to fix the leaf decay or leaves being consumed by oxygen collectors. The config is set properly though, but leaves will not be consumed from either trees or placing down leaf blocks.

Updated the config for Forestry. The Diggers Backpack will now take any cobble from UndergroundBiomes as well.

Planning on updating a few mods:
- LogisticsPipes
- MineFactoryReloaded
- OpenComputers
Newer versions have been released.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Changelog

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
- Updated Forestry config. Set difficulty back to EASY mode. Any other mode makes Forestry just stupid, causing it to become useless. Might tweak settings myself instead of using default options. Will prolly wait with that till moving to 1.7.2.
- Updated LogisticsPipes to latest version
- Updated MineFactoryReloaded to a GregTech friendly version. No more bullshit childish console spamming messages (grow up SkyBoy)
- Updated OpenComputers to latest version
Reply | Threaded
|

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
- Changed config for HungerOverhaul to have normal stacksize for food items again (64). This was needed to solve issues with processing certain food items to not allow enough items to run a cycle (i.e. Rotten Flesh (stacksize 8) in Industrial Centrifuge (needs 16).
Reply | Threaded
|

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
- Changed MineFactoryReloaded GregTech *friendly* version back to the original MFR *childish* version to solve some issues. Galacticraft Aluminum ore was no longer recognized and could be smelted directly into ingots. Now it's back to the way it was again, needing more advanced machines to process the ore and the Industrial Blastfurnace to get to Aluminium ingots.
Reply | Threaded
|

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
- Updated Galacticraft to latest version and edited class file to fix registry to Ore Dictionary.
- Updated MineFactoryReloaded to the 'friendly' version again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Devilin Pixy
Administrator
- Updated following mods:
  • Hardcore Ender Expansion (release 1.6.1)
  • Additional Buildcraft Objects (1.6.4-4.2.2-1.0.7.561)
  • Galacticraft (build 1071)
  • Logistics Pipes (build 230)
  • Open Computers (1.2.12.376)